Do you have the passion for travel, the purpose to lead, the courage to change people’s lives? At G Adventures, we’re building a team of fun, driven, leaders who want to change the world, one trip at a time. They say every adventure needs a beginning, is this yours?
As the number one small group adventure travel company in the world, G Adventures truly loves and believes in changing people’s lives through the act of travel-- so much, in fact, we even put it on a t-shirt
As the most visible members of a global organization, G Adventures Chief Experience Officers (CEOs) are able to make a tangible impact on the planet and its people, and get to be a part of something bigger than themselves, all while working within an international community of like-minded, passionate people who are all in love with what they do.
We are currently hiring and training CEOs to guide epic American road trips during the 2020 spring, summer, and fall travel seasons. With the goal of showing our travelers the time of their lives, CEOs will learn how to deliver an experience that encompasses camping in our national parks, exploring cities big and small, and most importantly, creating happiness and community within a group of travelers from around the world!
Our CEOs dedicate themselves to changing the lives of our travelers for the better every day, and will discover a lifestyle of freedom, challenge, travel, and career growth potential on a global scale as they explore and experience every nook and cranny of the United States.
Being a successful CEO for G adventures requires hard work and dedication, but can be one of the most rewarding experiences one can have.
Experience in guiding is an advantage but not essential. What is more important are the skills, life experiences and of course PERSONALITY that they bring to the party. We have amazing CEOs from all walks of life who all have two things in common – they LOVE providing our travelers with life changing experiences and are passionate about the United States!
- An infectious love of the U.S., the great outdoors, and adventure travel.
- Responsibility: a driven, team player, who is able to juggle multiple and complex challenges at one time.
- A proven leader: someone who is comfortable managing group dynamics while navigating different personalities and various international cultures.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a wide range of contexts.
- Cool, calm & collected under pressure: a professional who can confidently and proactively address unpredictable issues including injuries, budgeting responsibilities, adverse weather conditions, and a million other challenges we haven’t even seen yet!
- Excellent time management skills
- Customer service oriented: putting your travelers first, and always with a smile :)
- Awareness of and Commitment to Sustainable Tourism: a commitment to environmentally and culturally responsible tourism, and an inspiring example for our travelers.
- Solid Technological literacy: Applicants should be proficient in web browsing, email and social media and should be at least somewhat familiar with spreadsheet applications (Google Sheets, Excel, etc.) and GPS navigational tools (Google Maps etc.)
- Physical ability to handle hikes, luggage, and various aspects of and active, adventure-oriented lifestyle.
- Love working in a team and are willing to share in G’s amazing culture!
- All applicants are required to maintain a First Aid/CPR Certification and hold the appropriate citizenship or documents permitting them to reside and work in the USA.
- All CEOs are required to own an active and fully functional Smart Phone
During the contract, a CEO will:
- Consistently deliver a high level of customer service and traveler satisfaction.
- Provide leadership for our travelers and be responsible for their well-being.
- Continually increase your knowledge about North America, its culture, religion, current affairs, environment, etc.
- Have detailed knowledge of hotels, sights, restaurants, transport, souvenirs, prices, etc. Develop a series of information sources and contacts that can be of assistance when required.
- Keep vaccinations and preventive medication up to date.
- Be mindful of potential opportunities for G Adventures, such as new destinations, new CEOs, new markets or ways to improve itineraries.
On each departure, a CEO will:
- Act as day-to-day guide, and manager of the group.
- Deal directly with your traveler’s issues and concerns, ensuring that passenger satisfaction is effectively achieved.
- Maintain the established travel itinerary as closely as possible, making changes only when necessary.
- Make reservations for accommodation, transportation and activities as required.
- Assist and accompany travelers during optional activities and meals.
- Advise travelers on suitable restaurants, the best hiking/biking trails, as well as other optional activities
- Maintain daily expenditure accounts, retain receipts and keep expenses within the trip budget provided.
- Provide a report for each trip, in the requested format.
- Provide assistance to the regional offices when requested by their Managers or by the Toronto office
We expect a lot from our CEOs, but the rewards are as plentiful as the challenges:
- Comprehensive training including trip planning & execution, group dynamic management, crisis and conflict management, public speaking, budgeting and more.
- An incredible work environment with fantastic support, resources and culture.
- Join a GLOBAL community of like-minded, passionate people who are all in love with what they do.
- Make an impact: G Adventures focuses on sustainable and responsible travel. Everything we do globally reflects our core values, and through tourism we make a difference.
- Competitive pay. Many of our CEOs spend their whole offseason traveling the world.
- Housing provided between assignments from April until October
- CEO Growth Chart that outlines global career paths available to those who strive to pursue them.
- You will achieve personal growth, forge global connections and have experiences you will never forget.
ROAD TO ADVENTURE
1. Online Application: Be thoughtful in your application. We are looking for exceptional people. Culture fit, work ethic, motive and communication skills are important to us and the application is your first impression, so take the time to show us who you are and what you've got!
2. Online video interview: You will be asked pre-recorded video questions and have an opportunity to record answers. This allows you to give us a better understanding of your personality, communication style, and what makes you tick.
3. Formal Interview(s): The formal interview(s) will be via Zoom and allow us to understand why you want this job, what you bring to the table, and what your career goals are. It will also be a chance to get your burning questions answered.
4. Informal interview: purpose is to assess culture fit.
5. Training: If you successfully complete the hiring process, you will be invited to attend training.